Ragazzi Boys Chorus (www.ragazzi.org), San Francisco Bay Area’s premier choral organization for boys, seeks an inspired and vibrant Chorus Manager.
Under the musical leadership of Artistic and Executive Director, Kent Jue, Ragazzi provides exceptional education and performance opportunities for boys in the art of choral singing. Our growing organization serves over 175 boys and young men, ages 5-18, in 30 Bay Area communities. Ragazzi regularly produces its own concert series and collaborates with such prestigious ensembles as the San Francisco Symphony, San Francisco Opera, Symphony Silicon Valley, and Opera San Jose. Ragazzi is supported by thirteen teaching artists and five administrators. Our robust program includes a comprehensive theory program, sleep-away camp, and annual tours.
The Chorus Manager (CM) reports to the Operations Manager and is the primary administrative point of contact for choristers and their families. The CM answers phone calls and emails and responds to in-person visitors. They guide families through the registration platform, maintain rosters, and recruit and organize parent volunteers. During rehearsal evenings, they help supervise drop-off, direct choristers to their rooms, and oversee pick-up. When special events arise, the CM helps organize and manage volunteers and provides support to the Operations Manager. Special events might include concerts or other weekend activities, summer camp, retreats, singing the national anthem at a Giants game, and domestic and overseas tours. Other projects and duties may be assigned by the Operations Manager.
Strong candidates will also possess the following preferred qualifications:
- Exceptional client service orientation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once with poise and professionalism
- Strong written and oral communication skills (including email/online, letter, telephone, and in-person formats)
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate with both internal and external constituents of diverse backgrounds
- Propensity to learn quickly and demonstrate curiosity, initiative, and drive
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- High degree of independence in managing projects
- Appreciation and support for boys and young men in the choral arts
- Tact, discretion, and integrity handling confidential information
- Comfort with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace and an openness to learning other platforms
Typical work hours include 9 AM to 5 PM on non-rehearsal weekdays and noon to 8 PM for up to four weeknight rehearsals as well as weekend events as required. The Chorus Manager will typically work from the Ragazzi offices in Redwood City and will need reliable transportation to run errands and to access off-site events. A background check is required.
Compensation: 1.0 FTE; Salary $55,000 – $65,000 per year, depending on experience; 10 days paid time off; 10 Ragazzi holidays. An annual $6000 stipend is offered in lieu of other benefits.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, current resume, and references to Lauren Estes, Operations Manager at email@example.com. No phone calls, please. We will review applications from interested candidates and contact you should we wish to interview you. Ragazzi Boys Chorus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
We often need substitute accompanists for rehearsals or performances. If you’d like to be added to our substitute accompanist list please email us your resume, website, and/or video clips.