Ragazzi Boys Chorus is committed to excellence in musical performance and education. The Ragazzi experience instills self-confidence, cooperation, leadership, sensitivity and tenacity, helping our boys develop into young men of character and distinction. Ragazzi serves our boys and the community by performing a diverse selection of choral works to the highest artistic standards.
Ragazzi Boys Chorus mission statement
Joining Ragazzi was the best decision of my life. I have "brothers" that create the best and closest friend group I have.
Evan Spanner, alumni
Ragazzi offers a complete musical education with a program designed to take young boys from their first exposure to the art of choral singing through a full course of choral and vocal instruction.
Boys from all walks of life enjoy the opportunity to participate
in this unparalleled learning experience as they:
- Make new friends
- Improve their social skills and self-esteem
- Develop skills and an appreciation of music that will last a lifetime!
- Boys meet once per week at the beginning level. The intermediate level adds an optional second rehearsal per week.
- Rehearsal frequency increases as boys advance further through the program
- Groups rehearse weekday evenings at Ragazzi’s facilities in Redwood City and San Mateo
- Fall semester runs from Labor Day through mid-December
- Spring semester runs from early January through early June
- Winter and Spring breaks align with most Bay area school districts
- Summer break includes sleep-away camp, exclusively for intermediate and higher groups
- Every Ragazzi boy sings the National Anthem at a San Francisco Giants game
- Beginners sing at Ragazzi’s recitals– in mid-December and early June
- Intermediate and upper-level boys perform more frequently
- Upper level choruses tour during the summer
Choruses Lead the Way!
What’s so special about choral singing? The benefits are so deep and wide that major news outlets have joined the bandwagon. The segment about children in this report begins at 2:44.